University of Washington SeattleSeattle, WA
- Informatics as my major taught an interdisciplinary approach to technology covering topics a range of topics including computer science, business, design, user experience, and project management. It encouraged a broad foundation, but deep specialization within a given field. Within this major, I specialized in computer science.
- Mathematics as my minor taught me a broad overview of important topics that apply to computer science and many other fields such as calculus, linear algebra, complex analysis, markov chains, monte-carlo methods, and probability theory.
DigiPen Institute of TechnologyRedmond, WA
- Attended while in High School at Sammamish High. Focused on learning fundamentals of computer science such as various data structures and algorithms and applying them to designing video game software.
Bellevue CollegeBellevue, WA
- Attended while in High School at Sammamish High as part of the Running Start program. Focused on general education prerequisites. Near the end of my time at Bellevue College, I focused on Computer Science and Mathematics courses to prepare me for the University of Washington.
Principal Software Engineer, Devoted Health — Remote — Feb. 2021 - Present
- Remote software development team working with Go on the backend and TypeScript React on the frontend.
- Modeled legal compliance workflows impacting all company departments.
- Scaled integrations with external vendors that dealt with all member information.
- More details coming soon!
Freelance Software Engineer, Self-Employed — Remote — Aug. 2020 - Jan. 2021
- Contract work building APIs and React web applications for small to mid-sized companies.
- Providing proof of concept code for several University of Washington research projects.
- Computer Science tutoring for university students.
- Teaching workshops on modern web development.
Lead Senior Software Engineer, Humble Bundle — Remote — Jul. 2018 - Jul. 2020
- Promoted from Senior Software Engineer to Lead Senior Software Engineer II over the course of my employment.
- Led the platform team focused on site reliability engineering.
- Worked with product to define a plan to optimize the user funnel for the primary product Humble Monthly.
- Led the internationalization project for an 8-year-old application with minimal prior internationalization efforts.
- Integrated an OAuth login system for Facebook and Google into the existing user system.
- Executed a project to migrate all sessions to the newly required email or TOTP two-factor system.
Lead Full Stack Software Engineer, Committee for Children — Seattle, WA — Jan. 2018 - Aug. 2018
- Led the replacement of a legacy, monolithic DNN platform to a high performance platform utilizing using React and .NET Core.
- Migrated user authentication to the IdentityServer4 OpenID identity provider.
- Incrementally transformed a series of untested stored procedures into a modern C# WebAPI.
Full Stack Software Engineer, Trov — Remote — Jul. 2013 - Dec. 2017
- Remote software development team where developers wrote unit and integration tests.
- Constructed an on-demand insurance platform for consumer items with C# and SQL.
- Developed an app for managing claims and insuring items with React and Angular.js.
- Built a business intelligence system for sending information to Trov's partners using Python.
Application Researcher, University of Washington — Seattle, WA — Jan. 2013 - Nov. 2013
- Lead developer for the TypeScript library that abstracted cloud storage services like Dropbox, Google Drive, and AWS.
- Contributed to a research paper on abstracting cloud storage.
Software Engineer Intern, E*Trade — Seattle, WA — Sept. 2012 - May 2013
- Worked on an international team to develop high performance stock trading apps implemented in Java
- Developed high-frequency trading features that supported options (contracts to buy a stock at a given price in a span of time).
Web Instructor and Engineer, University of Washington — Seattle, WA — Jan. 2012 - Jun. 2013
- Taught modern web development standards to University of Washington staff and students.
- Developed applications to manage courses and support tickets using Python and Django.
Software Engineer Intern, Rakuten — Seattle, WA — Apr. 2012 - Nov. 2012
- Scraped and normalized product information using Python.
- Worked with Overstock, Amazon, and Walmart APIs to gather product information and update listings.
Software Engineer Intern, SmiteWorks — Bellevue, WA — Apr. 2011 - Nov. 2011
- Worked on the FantasyGrounds chat feature using C.
- Led the development of a C app to import character data from competitors apps.
- Worked with the Steam gaming app store to publish updates and respond to customer feedback.
Technologies: TypeScript, Next.JS, TailwindCSS, Docker, Node.js, MDX, React
- Next.JS powered blog and resume website adhering to modern web development standards.
- Blog using MDX files for easy maintenance and richly formatted posts.
Technologies: TypeScript, Node.JS, SendGrid, Google Cloud, eslint, prettier
- A CLI tool for triaging markdown files using front-matter headers sorted by priority, status, category, and due date.
- Sends a daily email digest of due and urgent tasks using the SendGrid Email API and Google Cloud VMs.
Discord Management Bot
Technologies: TypeScript, Node.JS, Docker, Discord.js, eslint, prettier
- Discord bots written in TypeScript running on Node.JS for logging, music, GPT-2 chatting, role management, and security monitoring.
- Scales to a discord of any size and can be configured with JSON to support any number of discords.
- Code is broken up into highly reusable modules that can be pulled into any TypeScript project for customization.
Technologies: Python, Starlette, GPT-2, Tensorflow, Docker, Kubernetes
- An API that allows requests against GPT-2 models to generate meaningful responses to any text prompt.
Technologies: TypeScript, Grunt, Docker, Bower, Karma
- Common data structures and algorithms for TypeScript.
- Based on Java collections, C# collections, and Google Java collections.
Technologies: TypeScript, Node.JS, Docker, React, eslint, prettier
- Displays a video with multiple sources allowing the user to select which source is used.
- Implements a single shared comments thread across all sources for the video.
Technologies: TypeScript, React, Redux, React Native, C#, Blazor
- An implementation of the same search autocomplete similar to Google in React Native, React, and C# Blazor.
Frameworks: ASP.NET MVC, Flask, Next.JS, React, Starlette, Vue.js
Libraries: ASP.NET MVC, NumPy, pandas, PostCSS, TailwindCSS, TensorFlow
Databases: Elasticsearch, MSSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL
Cloud Providers: Akamai, AWS, Cloudflare, DigtalOcean, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, Vercel
Developer Tools: cmake, Docker, ESLint, gcc, Git, Kubernetes, npm, Prettier, Visual Studio, VSCode, webpack
Operating Systems: ChromeOS, GNU/Linux, MacOS, Windows
Office Software: Apple iWork, Google Docs, LaTeX, LibreOffice, Microsoft Office
Professional Affiliations: IEEE Computer Society, IEEE Robotics and Automation Society, IEEE Communications, Association for Computing Machinery
Soft Skills: Constructive feedback, desire to listen and grow, effective concise communication, problem solving with minimal guidance