- Informatics as my major taught an interdisciplinary approach to technology covering topics a range of topics including computer science, business, design, user experience, and project management. It encouraged a broad foundation, but deep specialization within a given field. Within this major, I specialized in computer science.
- Mathematics as my minor taught me a broad overview of important topics that apply to computer science and many other fields such as calculus, linear algebra, complex analysis, markov chains, monte-carlo methods, and probability theory.
- Attended while in High School at Sammamish High. Focused on learning fundamentals of computer science such as various data structures and algorithms and applying them to designing video game software.
- Attended while in High School at Sammamish High as part of the Running Start program. Focused on general education prerequisites. Near the end of my time at Bellevue College, I focused on Computer Science and Mathematics courses to prepare me for the University of Washington.
Principal Software Engineer, Devoted Health — Remote — Feb. 2021 - Present
- Remote software development team working with Go on the backend and TypeScript React on the frontend.
- Modeled legal compliance workflows impacting all company departments.
- Scaled integrations with external vendors that dealt with all member information.
- More details coming soon!
Freelance Software Engineer, Self-Employed — Remote — Aug. 2020 - Jan. 2021
- Contract work building APIs and React web applications for small to mid-sized companies.
- Providing proof of concept code for several University of Washington research projects.
- Computer Science tutoring for university students.
- Teaching workshops on modern web development.
Lead Senior Software Engineer, Humble Bundle — Remote — Jul. 2018 - Jul. 2020
- Promoted from Senior Software Engineer to Lead Senior Software Engineer II over the course of my employment.
- Led the platform team focused on site reliability engineering.
- Worked with product to define a plan to optimize the user funnel for the primary product Humble Monthly.
- Led the internationalization project for an 8-year-old application with minimal prior internationalization efforts.
- Integrated an OAuth login system for Facebook and Google into the existing user system.
- Executed a project to migrate all sessions to the newly required email or TOTP two-factor system.
Lead Full Stack Software Engineer, Committee for Children — Seattle, WA — Jan. 2018 - Aug. 2018
- Led the replacement of a legacy, monolithic DNN platform to a high performance platform utilizing using React and .NET Core.
- Migrated user authentication to the IdentityServer4 OpenID identity provider.
- Incrementally transformed a series of untested stored procedures into a modern C# WebAPI.
Full Stack Software Engineer, Trov — Remote — Jul. 2013 - Dec. 2017
- Remote software development team where developers wrote unit and integration tests.
- Constructed an on-demand insurance platform for consumer items with C# and SQL.
- Developed an app for managing claims and insuring items with React and Angular.js.
- Built a business intelligence system for sending information to Trov's partners using Python.
Application Researcher, University of Washington — Seattle, WA — Jan. 2013 - Nov. 2013
- Lead developer for the TypeScript library that abstracted cloud storage services like Dropbox, Google Drive, and AWS.
- Contributed to a research paper on abstracting cloud storage.
Software Engineer Intern, E*Trade — Seattle, WA — Sept. 2012 - May 2013
- Worked on an international team to develop high performance stock trading apps implemented in Java
- Developed high-frequency trading features that supported options (contracts to buy a stock at a given price in a span of time).
Web Instructor and Engineer, University of Washington — Seattle, WA — Jan. 2012 - Jun. 2013
- Taught modern web development standards to University of Washington staff and students.
- Developed applications to manage courses and support tickets using Python and Django.
Software Engineer Intern, Rakuten — Seattle, WA — Apr. 2012 - Nov. 2012
- Scraped and normalized product information using Python.
- Worked with Overstock, Amazon, and Walmart APIs to gather product information and update listings.
Software Engineer Intern, SmiteWorks — Bellevue, WA — Apr. 2011 - Nov. 2011
- Worked on the FantasyGrounds chat feature using C.
- Led the development of a C app to import character data from competitors apps.
- Worked with the Steam gaming app store to publish updates and respond to customer feedback.
Technologies: TypeScript, Next.JS, TailwindCSS, Docker, Node.js, MDX, React
- Next.JS powered blog and resume website adhering to modern web development standards.
- Blog using MDX files for easy maintenance and richly formatted posts.
Technologies: TypeScript, Node.JS, SendGrid, Google Cloud, eslint, prettier
- A CLI tool for triaging markdown files using front-matter headers sorted by priority, status, category, and due date.
- Sends a daily email digest of due and urgent tasks using the SendGrid Email API and Google Cloud VMs.
Technologies: TypeScript, Node.JS, Docker, Discord.js, eslint, prettier
- Discord bots written in TypeScript running on Node.JS for logging, music, GPT-2 chatting, role management, and security monitoring.
- Scales to a discord of any size and can be configured with JSON to support any number of discords.
- Code is broken up into highly reusable modules that can be pulled into any TypeScript project for customization.
Technologies: Python, Starlette, GPT-2, Tensorflow, Docker, Kubernetes
- An API that allows requests against GPT-2 models to generate meaningful responses to any text prompt.
Technologies: TypeScript, Grunt, Docker, Bower, Karma
- Common data structures and algorithms for TypeScript.
- Based on Java collections, C# collections, and Google Java collections.
Technologies: TypeScript, Node.JS, Docker, React, eslint, prettier
- Displays a video with multiple sources allowing the user to select which source is used.
- Implements a single shared comments thread across all sources for the video.
Technologies: TypeScript, React, Redux, React Native, C#, Blazor
- An implementation of the same search autocomplete similar to Google in React Native, React, and C# Blazor.
Frameworks: ASP.NET MVC, Flask, Next.JS, React, Starlette, Vue.js
Libraries: ASP.NET MVC, NumPy, pandas, PostCSS, TailwindCSS, TensorFlow
Databases: Elasticsearch, MSSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL
Cloud Providers: Akamai, AWS, Cloudflare, DigtalOcean, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, Vercel
Developer Tools: cmake, Docker, ESLint, gcc, Git, Kubernetes, npm, Prettier, Visual Studio, VSCode, webpack
Operating Systems: ChromeOS, GNU/Linux, MacOS, Windows
Office Software: Apple iWork, Google Docs, LaTeX, LibreOffice, Microsoft Office
Professional Affiliations: IEEE Computer Society, IEEE Robotics and Automation Society, IEEE Communications, Association for Computing Machinery
Soft Skills: Constructive feedback, desire to listen and grow, effective concise communication, problem solving with minimal guidance